- Lions beat the Packers, in a game where the offense was spectacular, the pass defense was stellar, yet the loss feels stale because the Packers left 15 points and the win on the table.
- Broncos lost to the Jets, Jets offense came out swinging against Von Miller and Co. Phillip Lindsey seems to have separated himself from Royce Freeman, until next week when we have this discussion again.
- Patriots beat the Colts, Patriots offense looks unstoppable with the emergence of Sony Michel. Andrew Luck refused to throw a pass below 5 and I’m loving it.
- Bengals proved they’re legit by beating the Dolphins? Geno Atkins still impresses and Joe Mixon is rising a rising star in this league
- Pittsburgh beat Atlanta in a shootout that turned into a massacre of the Falcons secondary. Atlanta really misses Deion Jones; James Conner proved that Antonio and JuJu garner so much attention that they can make anyone look good.
- Carolina beat the Giants in a game that should prove once and for all that Odell Beckham is a better QB than Eli Manning. McCaffery looks legit and The Panthers are rolling into contention.
- Patrick Mahomes scorched the best defense in the NFL. The Jags looked like they were playing two snaps behind. As we all know, if you score more than 20 on the Jags D it’s no guarantee that Bortles will score enough to keep up, even on the Chiefs D
- Browns got the most unbelievable win of the week, beating Justin Tucker in a game told in field goals. Browns D showed they’re elite while the Ravens offense showed it might have to go back to the drawing board. Myles Garrett sleeper for DPOY
- For the second time this season, the Buffalo Bills beat a clearly better team by letting that them beat themselves and doing nothing on offense to help. Mariota couldn’t throw to a covered receiver, Bills tried to maul a very good Titans line.
- Chargers reminded the Raiders that they are bad, on both sides. The Carr pick in the red zone was emblematic of their whole season, lazy play-calling and a little too mystifyingly off target. Chargers looked good, especially in those powder blues, imagine how they’ll look with Bosa back.
- Arizona showed the 49ers that the second least exciting team in football can beat what should have, and somehow still is, been one of the most exciting offenses in football. Josh Rosen can throw a beautiful spiral, CJ Beathard can….. Uhhh… Grow an ugly goatee.
- The Rams were losing most of the game, yet always felt like they would win the game. Todd Gurley, the true LA MVP, looked unstoppable (even with 2 long runs called back) against the Seahawks Defense, formally known as The Legion of Boom. Russell Wilson almost did it on his own, but then he met Sean Mcvay.
- Carson Wentz started off slow, but vintage Carson showed up just in time for the Vikings to kick a game-winning field goal. Kirk Cousins has been superb for the Vikings, and generously, the defense has looked average.
- Thank god there is no state income tax in Texas, because JJ Watt and Clowney owned the line of scrimmage. Dallas couldn’t gain an inch, Zeke couldn’t evade anyone, and Dak lost a day of his life on each drop back. Deshaun Watson looked ok, can’t throw the ball accurately when your own center in your face a second after the snap.
image credit: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/07/chiefs-jaguars-patrick-mahomes-blake-bortles-kareem-hunt